Sunday, November 12, 2006

Ann Harrison's Famous Chicken Soup Recipe

"Ann Harrison's Famous Chicken Soup Recipe"

2T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 C chicken broth
1 tsp. cumin
mixture: 1/2 C flour & 1/2 C water
1 (15 oz) can Italian style stewed tomatoes
1 medium onion
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp. worcheshire sauce
1 lb. chopped chicken breasts

Cook onion & garlic in oil until tender. Use a little oil to cook chicken breasts. Put all ingredients (except for the flour & water mixture and chicken) in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then add flour and water mixture-stirring constantly!! (otherwise you get lumps!) For flour mixture: put flour into a jar (mayo size is good) then add water and shake until it is well mixed before adding to soup). Simmer all of this for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally. Add chicken for the last 20 minutes of simmering. Before serving, you can top with sour cream, grated cheese, and/or tortilla chips.

Maureen's notes:
1 I always double this for my family.
2 When I double, I use one can of Italian stewed tomatoes and one of Mexican stewed tomatoes.
3 I "cheat" with the chicken and use leftovers, the Foster Farms pre-cooked chicken breasts strips (buy at Costco, too pricey at the regular grocery store) or my favorite, a rotisserie chicken from the grocery. I just use the entire thing (give or take what my family gobbles up while I am cooking) and shred it with my fingers.
4 When I am in a hurry, I use the pre-chopped onions in the veggie section at Trader Joes and the minced garlic cubes from the freezer section.
5 I also run the tomatoes through the food processor, so Austin doesn't think there are tomatoes in the recipe-otherwise he wouldn't eat it!!!
6. I use Wondra flour, it's just a bit smoother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Click Here For Quick Connect to EBAY
Visit my storehttp://bluefrog.blujay.com
Buy and Sell Online : Bargain Finder Online: Classifieds Online: Stuff For Sale By Owner Locally Or Around The World
Videos by annabelle
More VMIX videos | View more Family videos | Embed this video